Need help with testing asynchronous saving branch! :)

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 11:16:55 UTC 2017

Hi, all!

I have spent quite a lot of time on making it work and now it can finally
be considered as ready for testing! Now all saving operations in Krita can
run in background and not interfere with the painter's workflow! :)

It means that you can continue to paint while saving/autosaving is doing
its work :)

The patch is really huge and touches a lot of critical parts of Krita, so I
would really like it if some of you took courage and tested it :)

To test the patch, just checkout my branch and build as usual:

git checkout kazakov/async-saving<br>

What needs to be tested:
1) Correctness or loading (progress reporting while loading doesn't work
(but it never worked))
2) Correctness of saving and progress reporting while saving. It should at
least show "0%" completed (most of our export filters don't know about the
progress anything :( )
2.1) Please check saving of some rare options of .kra, like Guides, Grids,
Layer Styles, Selected layer and the like.
3) Exporting of the image (and progress reporting as well)
4) When saving/exporting, file name and "modified"/"recovered" flags should
be handled correctly
5) Exporting and Importing animation frames. Progress reporting should work
absolutely correctly.
6) Animation cache regeneration should also have nice progress reporting

I tested all these points myself, bit I could miss some details. Please
feel free to write your comments here in the mailing list! :)

--
Dmitry Kazakov