CMake errors

Jeff L uxlauzon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:39:10 UTC 2017

Good day,
I would like to contribute as a developer. I have a few questions.
Currently I am using a Mac, OSX  El Capitan Version 10.11.6, along with Qt
5.7 and CMake 3.6.2

Is it possible for me to develop with this Operating System? or must I use
Ubuntu? I have followed the guides via the Linux setup via 'Building Krita
3.0 on Linux, and made it as far as pulling the files to the src directory.
Once I call Cmake I receive the following errors, of which I have not been
successful to remedy the errors. I am enclosing the error output from the
terminal once CMake is called. I can include the CMake output.log if needed.

Here are the errors:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:191 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindECM.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "ECM", but
  CMake did not find one.

  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
  version 1.7.0) with any of the following names:

    ECMConfig.cmake
    ecm-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "ECM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ECM_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "ECM" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

--
Thank you kindly,
Jeff