Interaction with the file dialog

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Apr 7 08:38:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

Ever since we went moved to Qt5, I've been struggling with the file
dialog. The interaction just isn't correct. To mention one thing that
I hate myself, every time I export a png from a kra file, the default
file format filter is set to kra, and my folder with export png's seems
empty. When selecting "all formats", the default format becomes exr,
because of alphabetical order and because Qt's file dialog doesn't
distinguish between currently selected mimetype and filter.

I've made a task for this:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T5834

And I would like to invite everyone to write down what they feel the
best behaviour would be. I'm not going to touch the file dialog code
until we have some sort of concensus and overview :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org