GSoC Project - Implementing scripts and plugins in python to Krita

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sat Apr 1 11:49:58 UTC 2017

Hello Eliakin,
Nice proposal indeed !Hopefully, Krita is going to reach Blender - Natron as regards Python scripting features :-)
With Qgis, a Gis open source software there is a very powerful QT GUI to write your Python scripts with plenty of features [1].

IMHO, it is vital to document as much as possible your scripts in order to inspire other people to write their owns (by also partially copying yours)  :-)
With Gimp, on top of Python, you can also take advantage of G'MIC in order to write some simple "scripts" for working with your images (Various > Custom code options).For instance:-rotate 90 (rotate 90 degres your image) ;
-mirror y (mirror the image, y axis) ;
-sharpen 30 (increase sharpness) .They are all commands easy to remember for artists and don't require a lot of code for being executed on the GIMP - G'MIC GUIs.

Best of luck !
Silvio
[1] QGIS_PYTHON_GUI.mp4

|    |