Krita 3.0.2 Release Planning Meeting Minutes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 12 13:04:32 UTC 2016

It looks set to become another BIG release:

0. merge window close date
18.09.2016 23:59 CEST

1. what still needs to be merged.
    * Video-export-rebased
    *kazakov/round-marker (renamed into Quick Brush)
    * Krita-lazybrush-kazakov
    * kazakov/miro-visible-to-layer
    * Krita-testing-wolthera (halftoning)
    * Animation-pentikainen (without transform masks)
    * nimmy/opengl-patch (modern opengl)
    * Alexey Kapustin patch
    * Grigory Tantsevov fix

Potentially:
(Authors not irc, mail sent asking them about their branches)

    * langkamp/stopgradienteditor
    * jospin/unit_spin_boxes
    * nishant/autobrush-ratio-option-clipping

2. Unmergables and why can they not be merged

    * rempt/T3684-custom-resource-location (fail to work on Dmitry’s computer)

3. What do we expect to be busy with coming bug-fix cycle(estimation only)
    * Builds (boud...) and testing.
    * Dmitry:
        * fix the speed of Lazy Brush
        * lazy brush soft scribbles;
        * stacked brushes;
        * anchor point for transform tool;
        * start svg lowlevel stuff;
        * the rest for bugfixes
    * (Boud) Refactor the export code as discussed during the sprint, plus general bug fixing
    * (Wolthera) Continue fixing the internal color selector bugs. (Real bugs first, usability issues second)
    * (Wolthera) write manual items
    * (Boud): figure out windows signing

4. Other things.

    * Who will contact the translators for the string freeze? (boud, after the merge freeze calendar mail arrives)
    * after this release, we should sit down and a) discuss whether we're ready for the 3.1 number and b) evaluate how these two releases went and see if we need to adapt some practices
    * Make a milestone project under Krita releases to prepare for the 3.0.2 release (dmitry)
    * Contact Ben Cooksley and Scarlett about integrating appimages with the CI system

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org