pop-up from installation appimage on linux

Derik Gokstorp Derik.Gokstorp at animallogic.ca
Tue Sep 6 00:59:55 UTC 2016

Hey Folks,

We are evaluating Krita at an animation studio and we are attempting to deploy the appimage to artists using our in house deployment protocol.  So far the appimage is awesome!!!  However when running it we get an annoying pop up stating:

"Should a desktop file for ****/krita-3.0.99.91-Beta-x86_64.appimage be installed?"

We do not want artists installing desktop files and would like to be able to manage the deployment so they pick up what is in their environment.  Is there anyway to skip this pop-up?

I've already checked the arguments to the appimage:

  -v, --version                 Displays version information.
  -h, --help                    Displays this help.
  --print                       Only print and exit
  --template                    Open a new document with a template
  --dpi <dpiX,dpiY>             Override display DPI
  --export-pdf                  Only export to PDF and exit
  --export                      Export to the given filename and exit
  --export-filename <filename>  Filename for export/export-pdf

?However there doesn't seem to be an option to skip this dialog?

Cheers,