What to do with the Krita & Calligra?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 30 17:19:43 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016, 19:03:39 CEST schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 30 May 2016 at 18:27, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> > installed

> > > Yes -- I haven't tested it, but I expect problems there. Because, well
> > > Murphy.
> >
> > The ones to test it would/should be the distri packagers IMHO :)
> >
> > Problem here is, we do not have much feedback by them, as they, unless
> > following closely Krita development, might not know about the upcoming
> > Krita 3
> > release and thus also have not yet started packaging or giving things some
> > more testing.
> > At least I only saw the email by Cyrille to
> > kde-distro-packagers at kde.org for
> > Krita 3.0 Beta in April, but nothing else. Is there another list?
>
> I am usually sending announcements to ​kde-announce-apps at kde.org​.

Right, but that one is for the actual release, here we are talking about
prerelease announcement to packagers. So the packagers have the chance to do
testing and packaging of the official software version in time for the actual
release.
So that users, when they read about the announcement, are able to get the
stuff from their package manager, if they are on a rolling release distri :)
And not have to read the release news, look, not find it packaged, be
disappointed and forget about it again.
And so that the packagers can find issues in time, so we developers can fix
things up before the release is announced.

Cheers
Friedrich