What to do with the Krita & Calligra?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 30 16:27:46 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016, 17:20:58 CEST schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > So this is about being able to install Krita3 next to e.g. Calligra
> > Words2.9 or Karbon2.9, right?
> > So where do you expect problems here, where would/could things installed
> > clash, assuming at least the krita app program has been put into a
> > separate
> > package?
>
> Yes -- I haven't tested it, but I expect problems there. Because, well
> Murphy.

The ones to test it would/should be the distri packagers IMHO :)

Problem here is, we do not have much feedback by them, as they, unless
following closely Krita development, might not know about the upcoming Krita 3
release and thus also have not yet started packaging or giving things some
more testing.
At least I only saw the email by Cyrille to	kde-distro-packagers at kde.org for
Krita 3.0 Beta in April, but nothing else. Is there another list?

Just emailed to release-team & kde-distro-packagers mailinglists to get an
idea where self-release-managed apps like Krita should do mass announcement of
upcoming releases to packagers, so we (Krita, Calligra, Kexi & Co) do know
where to ping them once their is something new to distribute.

Let's wait for the packagers' feedback. And say "No" to premature package
optimizations ;)

Cheers
Friedrich