What to do with the Krita & Calligra?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon May 30 14:51:23 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016, 16:39:54 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, 30. Mai 2016, 16:14:32 CEST schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tomorrow we'll release Krita 3.0.
>
> So awesome to have reached that point :)
>
> > At that point, the stable version
> > of Krita is no longer part of Calligra. On the other hand, Krita is
> > still part of the last stable release of Calligra, which makes it
> > hard for distributions to package both and make them coinstallable.
>
> Does it? Did anyone report problems?

To be more precise:
do you expect people being able to install Krita3 next to Krita2.9? I guess
no, given the conflict at least when it comes to executable name (and menu
entries).

So this is about being able to install Krita3 next to e.g. Calligra Words2.9
or Karbon2.9, right?
So where do you expect problems here, where would/could things installed
clash, assuming at least the krita app program has been put into a separate
package?
Plugins and libs should not, given the libs renamed and the plugins living in
different folders (and lookup methods).
Any other resources where things might clash? If there are, possibly worth to
check also Calligra3 & Krita3 for such.

Cheers
Friedrich