Compiling problems with Vc

Sven Claussner scl.gplus at gmail.com
Sun May 15 10:30:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

having a look at Krita I'm quite impressed by its useful capabilities -
thank you for your work!

Now I'm digging a bit into the code.
I'm currently building Krita on Debian Testing which has
no packages for the Vc lib. Therefore I pulled my own copy from
https://github.com/VcDevel/Vc and have built it successfully into
Krita's prefix.

Krita's cmake detects it, but the compiler fails at
libs/pigment/compositeops/KoVcMultiArchBuildSupport.h .
It tells me that VC_VERSION_NUMBER is not found (see line 93)
and breaks.
Looking into $krita_prefix/include/Vc/version.h I see the compiler
variables names begin with Vc_ now, see also this commit in the Vc repo:
https://github.com/VcDevel/Vc/commit/ed3869b789f4dc5dc3e995b2fde4ceef2054327a
dating from 20.10.2015.

I'm wondering what would be the right way to solve this.
Compiler variables with lowercase letters look a bit odd to me,
aren't they? On the other hand I wonder that this issue hasn't
popped up earlier. Does building Krita require a particular Vc version?

Thank you in advance,

Sven