Krita on Debian Testing?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri May 13 06:41:43 UTC 2016

Hi Sven,

Debian no longer had developer maintaining the calligra package,
which was blocked for a long time because of some packaging bugs.
They never really realized about the calligra/krita split, because,
well, they never even started packaging 2.9 even.

So it looks like Debian will not manage to provide 2.9 or 3.0
packages for their current and next releases. But maybe if
enough users approach them, that might change.

Fortunately, you can use the appimages we as the Krita project
provide to have pre-built binaries of Krita on Debian.

Boudewijn

Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org