CSV format import-export

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 4 19:44:08 UTC 2016

Sorry for the late answer, I was away from the computer.

There must be something already with the progressbar, because when I
call the image import for the png files, the progressbar at the bottom
flashes. Only it always shows 0%.

I don't know how it works now, I'm going to check the code tomorrow. We
should be able to handle the race condition if one function using the
progressbar calls another, and the called part also wants to set one for
itself.

Let's say there is function Alice() and she sends progressbar updates
while working. During this, it calls function Bob() and he also reports
its readiness. It's wrong to send all these values directly to the
widget, the progressbar would flash like crazy. The good value for the
widget is lerp( current(Alice), next(Alice), current(Bob) ). But the
progressbar doesn't know the next(Alice) value - probably even Alice()
can't calculate it before it really happens. And there can be a third
Carole() function called by Bob() too...

One solution could be to somehow separate the signals by their source
and keep all these values in a list. I think the percentage report
should contain an optional next value for the correct calculations.
Without the provided next value, the lower levels should be ignored.

But perhaps this is too complicated so it's easier to entirely disable
the embedded reporting. In this case the initial setUpdater() call for
Bob() should return an error code and tell Bob() that he must be silent.

Fazek