Krita 3.0 release plan and git branching

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:43:44 UTC 2016

Hi, all!

According to our initial schedule we should release Krita 3.0 Beta next
week. It might be delayed a bit, but the questions still actual anyway:

1) What is the status of master now? Feature freeze, string freeze?
2) Should we develop features in separate branches or in master?
3) Should we branch-out 3.0 branch and unlock master?

Quite a lot of refactorings/feature-development-works are planned at the
moment:
1) Kickstarter features by Dmitry
2) Library split by Boud
3) MacOS fixes/refactorings by Boud, Julian and Beelzy

How should we work with them? In separate branches or in master? As far as
I can tell at least the Kickstarter features should be not in master,
because they create new strings. How should we plan that?

--
Dmitry Kazakov