Amending the release schedule
boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 19 09:15:14 UTC 2016
I think we need to take more time with the 3.0 release. We've made awesome
progress, but there still remains a lot of work to be done: when preparing
the kickstarter image we already ran into five separate bugs:
* the guide wasn't drawn over the canvas border
* a segfault happened when trying to adjust the gui
* duplicating a vector layer rendered it empty
* krita hung when trying to move a layer group that contained a layer style
* removing a layer took ages and ages and ages
And I need to put those in bugzilla still...
And there are still plenty of regressions in https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/krita_3.0_bugs_sprint/
So what I want to propose is that we release the first beta next week,
Then through the kickstarter we make a big thing out of fixing bugs. Irina
had a good idea: a daily bugs-fixed tweet, and a couple of vote-for-the-next
bug polls. Maybe weekly, maybe twice a week?
A second beta in the middle of the kickstarter: May 11th (helps also with
the mid-kickstarter doldrums)
The final release would be when the kickstarter closes: Tuesday 31st
or Wednesday 1st of June.
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org
More information about the kimageshop