[Kde-ev-campaign] heads-up Krita Kickstarter in May

Sandro Andrade sandroandrade at kde.org
Mon Apr 11 18:00:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2016, Sandro Andrade wrote:

>>> Well, it's the usual May Kickstarter, like last year. Start May 1st,
>>> end May 31st. We've been preparing since January and it ties in with
>>> the end-of-April release of Krita 3.0. I need to think hard whether it's
>>> possible to postpone the kickstarter, because if we postpone to August,
>>> we'll be running out of money to pay for development, and we'll be
>>> missing the tie-in to the release. Launching April 1st, which would
>>> be good enough, is going to be impossible, we're not going to get the
>>> project, rewards, promo video and so finished in under a week...
>>> And June and July suck for doing kickstarters, of course.
>>

>> Hi Boudewijn,
>>
>> Do you think would it make sense and would you get things done to run
>> Krita
>> fundraising from April 15th to May 14th? That would allow us to make Randa
>> fundraising shortly thereafter.
>>
>> Sandro
>>

> I'm not going to manage to finish preparing the campaign in just two weeks
> :-(. We
> have a sprint in Deventer to finish the drafts for the kickstarter page, the
> list of rewards and the press releases the weekend of April 15th, and after
> that
> we still need to work on the video. Plus, the release won't be ready by
> then.
>
> The other way around could work, though, starting on May 15th. That would
> even
> give us two more weeks to fix bugs... CC'ing the kimageshop mailing list,
> since
> this isn't something I can decide on my own either.

Hi Boudewijn,

In last meeting we agreed on running Randa fundraising from 1-30 June,
so that it doesn't clash with Krita fundraising in May. While having
both campaigns running one shortly after the other isn't the ideal
setup, we think that's the best we can do to take advantage of the
right momentum. Do you have any particular concern regarding that?

Cheers,
Sandro