Building current master on Kubuntu 15.04Z

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Sep 4 07:07:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Wolthera wrote:

> All in all, I probably installed one dependency too many, but it works(feel free to try and strip this down).

There are a bunch of things that aren't needed indeed, but currently,
the cmakelists.txt asks for almost all of, instead of checking whether
things are needed. That's fine for now, when we move to a krita.git
instead, we can just hard-remove all the things that are only needed
for kexi or so.

> export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kf5/inst:$KDEDIRS

This one shouldn't be needed anymore, David Faure always says KDEDIRS
is dead :-)

> * Tablet support is wonky. This is due to QT5's new way of handling input events, but Boudewijn, Dmitry and
> Mike have been chugging away at several solutions on phabricator: https://phabricator.kde.org/T530

It's time to push those patches so we can go on.

> * Drawing has an offset. This is, coincidentally(no not at all actually), the same kind of offset that the
> canvas viewport has from to top-left corner of the screen(caused by the titlebar, the toolbox, etc). What this
> means is that the little coordinate shuffle we do to get Krita to paint the dab right under the cursor
> coordinates got mixed up somewhere along the line.

Hum, hadn't noticed that :-)

> * Little crashes everywhere. The scariest being the auto-save crash, but there's also crashes with OpenGL in
> somewhat random places. Again, there seems to be a patch in the making on phabricator for this.

I don't think I was aware of an auto-save crash...

> All in all, it's still a place for the adventurous rather than the meek, but I wanted to share my building
> experience with you.

Thanks!

Boudewijn