branches update

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 1 20:17:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've got eight thousand eight hundred thirty commits in the master branch of calligra's git repo. The last one (well, but two, one a cherry-pick of David Faure's crash fix and one a cleanup with a typo in the commit message) was removing krita from the master branch. I'm not sure when Kexi will follow... I feel totally weird now, and not in a good way, but it needed doing, I guess.

The branch situation right now is as follows:

calligra/2.9: bug fixes for stable releases. Should probably continue on a monthly basis until the end of the year
master: ready to be cleaned up for the calligra 3.0 release
krita-next: in the process of being cleaned up for moving to a krita git repo
krita-animation-pentikainen: the Qt4 based branch for development of animation and lod, not to be merged to 2.9, will have test releases, to be merged every monday into krita-next

So... Let's fix bugs in 2.9 (there are 250 juicy bugs to be fixed!), let's make krita-next and master stable, each according to their inclination and interest and let's look forward to the next ten years of hacking!

Boudewijn