Gamma-corrected blending in Qt5

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:29:35 UTC 2015

Hi, Rafael!

I think that handling ICC profiles when loading JPEG, PNG images by QImage
is really a must for Qt, if it doesn't handle ICC tag, then the result
might look wrong. But the painting code, as Boud already said, is too
specialized to go into Qt :)

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM, Rafael Navega <rafanavega at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello.
> I'd appreciate votes and watches on this feature request, to bring this
> feature to the Qt low-level pixel processing code:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-45209
>
> Krita, Photoshop and other professional packages offer some form of
> gamma-corrected blending, it makes all sense to have this implemented in
> the Qt painting system as well so developers don't have to look for
> external solutions. I wonder what's the way that Krita implemented this.
> An alternative is to not use the painting functionality in Qt at all, and
> resort to OpenGL and Direct3D to perform these corrections.
>
> PS: The "Developers <https://krita.org/get-involved/developers/>" page of
> the Krita website could add this to the "Resources" section:
> http://www.ics.com/designpatterns/book/index.html
> It's a full book in HTML format. I've learned a lot from it.
>
> Regards.

Dmitry Kazakov