The resource bundle and resource md5 sums.

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:11:45 UTC 2015

Le 23/01/2015 12:56, Stefano Bonicatti a écrit :
> <mailto:animtim at gmail.com>>:
>
>     In this case, saving new presets first and bundling them afterward
>     makes more sense.
>     Without manually saving the preset, what name and thumbnail should
>     the preset use? the same as the original one? So you end up having
>     two preset with same name and thumbnail? sounds bad...
>

> Got you and i somewhat agree with you.
> Current problem though is that some resources changes from their
> original even if they are not actually changed.
> To solve this, for instance for gradient, you would have to keep the
> non interpreted data in memory, until the resource is actually
> changed, so that if it's saved again and not modified it would output
> the same file as the original one or, as i was saying, implement a
> dirty bit so that you know if you have to copy the original file,
> because the resource is not changed, or save it, because the resource
> did change.

Ok, I was talking only from the usability point of view, the deep
technical implementation details are quite further my coding knowledge.

For gradient, why can't we just always copy the files from the
/gradients folders in the bundles? I mean there is no dirty-preset
option for gradient, so (except for the two generate gradients) a
gradient in the list is always loaded from what's in the gradient file.