The resource bundle and resource md5 sums.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 23 10:19:49 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 13 January 2015 Jan 10:55:07 Stefano Bonicatti wrote:

> > Hm... But they are the only way to figure out whether two resources are
> > the same. If the md5sums don't work, we've got a bigger problem!
> >
> > Right now, the actual details have gone quite fuzzy in my mind, and I'm
> > trying to focus on fixing the shortcuts/menu mess, so it's kind of hard to
> > figure out what's up.
>

> So, yesterday i took a look at the issue and this is what's happening:
>
> 1) Resources, if modified and bundled, hadn't their md5 recalculated (but
> this is fixed by Wolthera patch here
> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121664/).

I wonder whether my choice of MD5 was the right thing here -- it was meant to uniquely identify a resource, so maybe I should have used a uuid. The idea was that resource X is resource X -- and if you load a new version of X, it replaces the original X, unless it was saved as another resource.

http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org