[calligra/calligra/2.9] krita/data/paintoppresets: restore broken presets

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:56:41 UTC 2015

Does this sum up everything?
The original issue we are trying to solve here that Windows users are
complaining about brushes being slow and unresponsive. A solution was put
into place to modify the brushes to make them responsive and more usable.
This solution introduced a new issue with Linux users not wanting to make
this quality compromise. We have two concerns that need to be addressed.

1. Brushes on Windows are slow and unresponsive
2. Linux users do not want their brushes changed

These are the current solutions that have been presented
1. Give Windows and Linux users a separate set of brushes by default
2. Include brushes that will work for Linux. And also include brushes that
work for Windows (add both sets)
3. Reduce the amount of existing brushes, and then provider separate bundles

The cleanest solution seems to be choice 1. This performance issue is not
going away for Windows. I think the other two solutions create complexity
for people using Krita. Based off my testing and the changes I made while
using Windows, the quality does have to degrade slightly for the brushes to
be usable on Windows. Brushes have to be usable though, they cannot remain
how they were on Windows.

thoughts?
Scott