About automatic disable of LoD mode when the brushes are very small

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 12:25:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is a very tricky idea. While we do have some ideas about which
brush settings can make it heavier to compute (big size, low spacing,
smudge effect, other parameters for each brush engine...), the threshold
where they make the brush slower depends on lot of things, like:
-How are they combined ? (and considering all the possible combinations,
this is the hardest part)
-How powerful is the hardware ?
-The operating system (linux vs windows vs mac, gpu drivers..)
-The amount of events/second sent from the input/graphic tablet

So I believe those threshold would be quite different for each user. Of
course we can find some defaults and make it possible to configure, but
how to do it in an easy to use an efficient way is the big question.