First version of the x11 tablet support code for Krita 3.0

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 20:42:13 UTC 2015

Hi, all!

I have just pushed my branch 'krita-tablet-x11-kazakov', where I
implemented the first 'forked' version of the tablet support code for Qt5.
Please review it, and, if possible, test :)

There are a lot of things not working yet:

1) Keyboard modifiers do not work (I didn't fork that part yet).
2) Popup palette doesn't have a cursor for some reason.
3) Canvas decorations' event filters are not tested (I just don't know if
they work or not)

But the main problems are solved:

1) There are no cursor lockups due to mixed mouse events.
2) The strokes are very smooth (at least on Wacom devices)

What I tested already:

1) I tested Wacom Intuos 5, Wacom Graphire 2, Genius G-Pen 560 devices and
they seem to work fine.
2) The devices are tested on Qt 5.4 only. The code might break on other
versions of Qt, who knows...

What needs to be tested:

1) Other versions of Qt
2) Other tablet devices
3) Configurations with multiple displays

For Michael Abrahams:

Michael, could you please review my branch and check if there might be any
conflicts with the refactoring you do atm? I based my code on your initial
implementation, but I had to revert a few commits, basically the ones which
did that weird filtering for unordered events :)

--
Dmitry Kazakov