3.0/frameworks status

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 11 07:37:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks for Michael Abrahams' work, the opengl issues in the frameworks
branch are resolved. Michael also has Windows builds, using a patched
emerge system :-)

The next blocker is tablet handling: https://phabricator.kde.org/T530.

This changed a lot in Qt5. I'm trying to solve that this week. After that,
I suspect we can declare 3.0 and start on the next steps.

We do need to decide what those steps are:

* make frameworks master
* are we going to put out tarballs with 3.0?
* is this the right time to split the repo, and in which parts should we
split?
* after the split, we can start cleaning up rigorously
* is this the time to move the big feature work happening in the
animation/lod branch to frameworks/master?
* figure out how to continue merging bug fixes from 2.9 to master...

Boudewijn