Krita: Toulouse University Project is a GO

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jan 14 20:19:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Tuesday 14 January 2014 20:54:41 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> This is totally awesome news! I'm Boudewijn (Baudouin en Francais), the
> maintainer of Krita.

At least tonight I learn something about you, I didn't know Boudewijn mapped
to Baudoin in french... I might just start calling you Baudoin now. :-)

> * Development mode. Like Kevin said, iterative development is king. A
> two-week cycle is perfect. I am travelling this week, but from the start of
> the project, I propose this scheme:
>
>   * Monday: IRC meeting on #krita where we'll discuss the plans for the next
> two weeks
>   * Every morning, scrum meeting. What was done yesterday, what was
> achieved, what problems were encountered
>   * Second Monday: evaluation of the first week
>   * Last Friday: evaluations of the two weeks, and discussion of the plans
> for the next week.
>
> It would be awesome if Animtim and Deevad can join us for the Friday
> evaluation. Depending on their professional obligations, we will have to be
> very flexible with the time of meeting! (Which is always the case with
> customers.)

Note that I will have a retrospective with them at the University too. We
might want to not overload them too much with meetings. We'll figure something
out.

If I'm not mistaken David is in Toulouse too, if that's right, with some luck
it'd be nice to have him a couple of times at the University for a
retrospective. It's generally nice to have people "for real".

Cheers!
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net