Krita 2.9 alpha - 2.8.1: installed on the same Linux Distro

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sun Apr 6 15:05:14 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Today, I have built Krita 2.9 alpha on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty (Unity - Desktop) *THANKS* to the magnificent tutorial by David Revoy, that is "Building krita on Linux (for cats)".
I was curious about the new set of icons :-)

These icons are extremely well done (very good indeed IMHO)

Therefore, thanks a lot to the artist who made them (and to David Revoy for his tutorial for building Krita on Linux)  :-)

More to the topic, is it possible to run 2 different versions of Krita on the same Linux Distro (e.g. both installed on Ubuntu or Kubuntu)?

In the past, I have read the answer is NO (I have gathered they might conflict) but I am not really sure about this.
In essence, I would like to run Krita 2.9 alpha AND Krita 2.8.1 on the same Linux distro (for testing purposes...).
At present, to do so,  I run two different virtual machines (both handled by VirtualBox - where Windows 7 is the host): the first with  Krita 2.9 alpha (it runs on Ubuntu 14.04); the second with Krita 2.8.1 (it runs on Kubuntu 14.04)

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso