No pressure with gfxtablet in Krita

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:01:30 UTC 2014

Hi, Bjorn!

It seems like the tablet is not reporting itself as being a tablet :) This
happens to some weird devices, like aiptek-based tablets produced by Genius.

Could you do the folowing:

1) Build Krita from sources. You will need about an hour of time and this
manual [0].

2) Apply this patch: http://paste.kde.org/pjjcvbqxi

2.1) Download the patch to a file
2.2) cd ~/kde4/src/calligra/
2.3) patch -p1 < /path/to/a/downloaded/file.patch

3) Rebuild:

3.1) cd ~/kde4/build

4) Run Krita

You need to check two things:

1) Whether your tablet works
2) Send me the Krita log. It should (probably) contain the lines like this
[1]

[0] -
http://www.davidrevoy.com/article193/guide-building-krita-on-linux-for-cats
[1] - http://paste.kde.org/panpa2tax