Some input about current Krita Windows build

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:17:45 UTC 2013

Le 26/09/2013 09:38, David Revoy a écrit :

>     5) "Edit Brush Settings" dialog doesn't fit the wide-format laptop
>     screen (I guess it was a 15" laptop).
>
> A diet mockup proposition I made this morning for the "Krita Brush
> Editor" : http://i.imgur.com/NMzgAhY.png ( 950x450px instead of
> 1115x600px ).To other artist and users feel free to debate about this
> mockup here before submitting as a wish. Would you like it ?

Hi,
Some opinions about this mockup:
-The preset selector row is really important for me, very useful to
compare/check several presets quickly. I would not be happy if it gets
removed. (by the way, I'm really missing the option to see only presets
from selected engine here as it was before, I filed a bug about this
some time ago).

-Having the engine selector as dropdown would make one more click and
scrolling the list to switch.. I still prefer how it is now.

-Name field shrinked: that's ok as long as it's still long enough (looks
ok size on the mockup)

-Do we really need to add a rename preset when we can already just edit
the name and save it as new? Well yes, as then we have to clean up
manually old-named presets, so it could save some manipulations here..
So why not, if we find space for it.

-Color field folded be default: why not, as those options are used on
very few preset cases.

-Restore icon button: yep sure this one still miss a proper icon, it's
on the todo list ;)

Tim