Not a sprint

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 16 07:13:38 UTC 2013

On Sunday 15 September 2013 Sep 18:32:43 Januz Nikolas wrote:
> Hi guys, have you considered promoting bounties on features?
>
> https://www.bountysource.com/learn
>
> It might attract more users than donations, because they can see what they
> get in return.

Yes, though I'm more leaning towards crowdfunding and bigger goals. The problem with bounties is that development is expensive, really expensive and unless you're working on bigger projects that take more time it's very hard to estimate what a single feature will take.

I'm also not sure it's the way to go for another reason: a project like Krita isn't an aggregation of features and bugfixes, it needs continuity of development otherwise it'll come apart at the seams. What a subscription to the development fund gives is that continuity. Regular new versions with bug fixes, features and steady progress towards the project vision.