OpenGL Canvas or Not

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 09:30:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> I tried to make that automatic, but it needs regenerating the mipmaps at
> those those zoom level breaks, and that didn't work out on my gpu's, so I
> got really weird results.
>
> The proper thing is to do the scaling in the shader, probably using the
> bicubic or the lanczos algorthm. I started work on that, got stuck...
> Dmitry is going to take a look, too.
>
> For the qpainter canvas, a solution could be to use Krita's internal
> bicubic scaling algorithm, which gives good results (you can check that by
> scaling the image itself), but might be a bit too slow. Of course, that
> might be solvable by using Vc to vectorize the scaling algorithms, which
> wouldn't be a bad idea at all in any case.
>
> Boud

Oh, thanks for the news about the rendering. I didn't knew you already
started to work on it. Really sad to learn it will be for you a lot of
work, as rewriting the scaling algorithm.   :/
I'm at your disposal if you ever make a branch to test something and need
the comparison of rendering between 'Nvidia + proprietary driver' and
'Intel + Libre Mesa'. I have both here with 2 Krita Git master.

David