My 16bit texture templates seem to crash Krit

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:58:18 UTC 2013

Hey. I didn't get a chance to even load a texture. For me just opening a
template from the preset screen cause a crash a few seconds after opening
the template. Try launching it and just selecting >texture
templates>1024x1024 16 bit,start painting and if you're like me you'll get
a crash. Otherwise... It's just a me thing... :)

For some reason gdb does nothing here. It may be the install at work, not
sure. But I'm not able to launch krita through it for some reason. I'll try
from home when I have more time.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> Hm... That is scary. Can you share a texture file with us to test? Also,
> if you run in gdb, you might get a real backtrace.
>
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Simon Legrand wrote:
>
>  Hi guys. For me, both at home (kubuntu 12.04, krita 2.6 stable) and with
>> the awesome new centos 6.2 build that Tobias created (krita 2.6.123) I get
>> a crash after a few seconds when creating on of my 16bit texture templates.
>>
>> Not sure what's wrong with them, I shall double check them tonight and
>> see what I did wrong.
>>
>> In the meantime this is what I get in shell when it goes down:
>>

>> krita
>> Compiled for arch: ::Vc::SSE41Impl
>> Features supported:
>>      "SSE2"     ---     yes
>>      "SSE3"     ---     yes
>>      "SSSE3"     ---     yes
>>      "SSE4.1"     ---     yes
>>      "SSE4.2"     ---     no
>>      "SSE4a"     ---     no
>>      "AVX "     ---     no
>> QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
>> QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
>> WARNING (KoResourceItemChooser::**updatePreview): the resource "2B
>> pencil Grain 2 b" has created a non-rgb32 image thumbnail. It may not work
>> properly.
>> WARNING (KoResourceItemChooser::**updatePreview): the resource "2B
>> pencil Grain 2 b" has created a non-rgb32 image thumbnail. It may not work
>> properly.
>> ASSERT: "!namedTransactionInProgress()**" in file
>> /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/calligra/**krita/image/tiles3/kis_**memento_manager.cc,
>> line 238
>> KCrash: Application 'krita' crashing...
>> Abort

Simon Legrand