Some feedback about Krita from painters working with textures

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 29 19:31:25 UTC 2013

Hi Dmitry,

> Here is a link showing Wrap-Around mode in Blender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HWY28YJsM&feature=share

Thanks a lot indeed for this last interesting report! :-)

Just a short (dumb) question regarding this point (wrap around mode).
I suppose it is the same feature planned (and *not* achieved) with one of the last year previous Gsoc, isn't it?

I am pretty sure this same useful feature has been requested on the Krita's forum as well :-)

Just out of curiosity,  how difficult would be to implement the "infinite canvas" option as well?

At present, you have already coded the "pseudo-infinite" canvas feature.
As
 a consequence, I am pondering how hard would be to implement this
feature as well (provided there is some *real* interest among the krita
user-base to take advantage of it).

All in all, since both these
features (wrap-around and infinite canvas) were planned for a Gsoc
period, I suppose they should probably require *many* weeks of coding.

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso

[0] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kimageshop/2012-March/010846.html
[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kimageshop/2013-May/011838.html