Animator plugin

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 25 08:31:08 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Somsubhra Bairi wrote:

> Hi,I would like to know the current status of Animator plugin in Krita. I am interested in the project and would
> like to contribute to it.

Hi Somsubhra,

It's really hard to say what the current status is... The developer worked
on it in a branch, where he added some documentation and a todo list. If
you want to check this out, the branch name is
krita-animator-plugin-new-mlshi.

It would probably be best to check that out, merge master to this branch
so it's up to date again, and build it. As far as I remember the code is
quite nice...

(if you run into trouble, best check us out on irc so we can help you.)

Now, whether the current animator plugin really does what the users need
is a second question, and that's something we'd best discuss on irc with
Animtim and scibotic/sketchstick. Animtim is in France, Scibotic in
Australia (iirc), so there's not much overlap in timezones, but I guess
you're nicely in the middle :-)

Have fun hacking!

Boudewijn