DVD Krita Training Vol. 2 "Muses"

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Feb 21 08:26:01 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 20 February 2013 Feb, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Ramón Miranda <mirandagraphic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > As Krita is evolving is more and more noticeable a good interest for the
> > program capabilities and features.
> > Recently i was talking with Boud about making a new DVD for Krita. After the
> > first Draft i want to share with you my ideas about this new project. So
> > here we have a Cover test with layout and text. Let me know what do you
> > think about it.
> >
> > I have attached the Draft of what i think it would be interesting to cover
> > but may change in future if something is lost and is important.
> >
> > I hope you like it!
>
> I'm not sure if there should already be another DVD tutorial. The last
> one hasn't been that long ago and didn't sold that well. I would
> prefer if the next DVD would be a bit further in the future.

Well, actually there are only twenty or so left (though I have used quite a few copies for promotion as well, sales weren't quite good). I think a new dvd would very good to have, one that is up to date with the current version of Krita and that shows a bit more the actual technique of painting.

So I'm all for this project, and I want to support it from the foundation. What's needed, after we've got a great plan on what will be in there is a promo campaign on krita.org, deviant art, dot.kde.org and so on. This time, we should only take pre-orders, not have a sponsor-the-artist period, since that was the one thing that didn't work that well last year.