Image adjustment after cropping

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:14:36 UTC 2013

> Actually I kind of liked it that way as the cropped area does stay
> exactly where it was and it doesn't jump to a centered position.

Yes, I like that too... I'm not sure I can tell right know how it can be
done easily. It will probably demand a bit of changes to the set of image
signals, KisSignalVector, KisSignalsRouter and the KisProcessingApplicator
classes. The problem is the signals emitted by the processing applicator
cannot have a parameter (they are effectively a vector of enums). This
should be solved somehow.

Probably, we should emit some signal like:

void sigImageSizeChanged(QRectF oldImageRect)

where \p oldImageRect would show which rect in new image pixels is occupied
by the old image.

For example:
1) Old Image: 300x300
2) We crop it by 100,100 200x200
3) Then oldImageRect would be -100,-100 300x300.

The problem is, I cannot tell what the oldImageRect value should be when we
rotate or shear the image...

What do you think of such interface?

--
Dmitry Kazakov