Project Krita Webshop

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:07:23 UTC 2013

Hi Chinkal Nagpal,

I'm a Krita artist and tester. I read your two PDF , and it's a very
polished work , analysis and writing.
Thank you about that and welcome on the Krita mailing list. Here is my
comment & quoting about 2 chapters of your second PDF : "a proposal
covering idea and promotion ".
About the communication tools :

*2. The world of blogging:*

> *"In the recent times, we all know that a blog rightly done can do
> wonders to any business."*

Krita.org 'News' system is a good base to create a blog.
It would need work, and a **webdesigner/webmaster* **(contributor welcome**)
* could :

   1. display and clean post by categories, and replace 'News' in the
   mainsite top menu by 'Blog'
   2. propose a page for community to submit a news ( ex :
   http://www.blendernation.com/submit-news/ )
   3. propose sharing button, not limited only to diaspora and identi.ca as
   now.
   4. a system to simply repost blogpost of developpers personnal website
   or tester : a lot of cool post are made by Lukas, Dmitry, Sven, Pentalis,
   Animtim and Boud ( and other I forget to mention )

*3. A Facebook and Twitter page:*

> *"Two of the leading social networking website with humongous number of
> users and thus, a page
> rightly managed can do wonders in increasing our customer base."*

Good social group/community need **publisher / maintainers** *(contributor
welcome** here again).
*I worked on a list under ( that was a pain ) , to give you an idea of
Krita social landscape : *
*

   - *deviantART **( group )* *:* http://krita-free-art-app.deviantart.com/
   ( moderated by Krita-admin : http://krita-admin.deviantart.com/  ) ( 6
   contributor, 140 members, *182 watcher* ) *--> needs logo update*
   - *Identica : *http://identi.ca/krita ( maintained by a robot , posting
   krita.org news links : *80 followers* )* **--> needs logo update*
   - *Twitter :* https://twitter.com/Krita_Painting   ( maintained by a
   robot , posting krita.org news links : *79 followers* )* --> needs logo
   update*
   - *G+* ( community ):
   https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100271647912341459486 (
   moderated by Jean Lotz, *61 members* ) , good because every user can
   submit / share post. Public place of repost, and a dedicated moderator.
   - *G+*  ( page ) :
   https://plus.google.com/u/0/106052286697115751434/posts ( maintained
   (Boud?)  *47 in circles* ) *
   *
   - *Diaspora **(tag)** :* https://joindiaspora.com/tags/krita , user
   contributor maintained *25 followers*   ( diaspora profile here
   https://joindiaspora.com/u/krita is not maintained *--> needs logo update
   ** *)

*( note : **sorted by followers,  if you maintain one of this community ,
new logo can be found here :
http://krita.org/krita_26_mascots_icon_splash.zip , file is
hi1024-app-calligrakrita.png inside the zip )*

I wish you success, and so a lot of new income for Krita project :-)

- David

http://www.davidrevoy.com