GMIC in Krita

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:52:21 UTC 2013

Hi fellas,

I'm working on integrating GMIC, thanks to Silvio Grosso, into Krita
and today I have first results applied on Ramon paintings :)

Default flower and sharpen effect
http://i.imgur.com/kYNcsNa.png

Poster edges inside Krita (deevad's blog [1])
http://i.imgur.com/XfdPxQl.png

The examples above were created with degradation of colorspaces
through QImage (8-bit rgba)

There is a lot of work ahead so far! I will try to commit something
this week so that you can play with it a bit,
but so far it is pile of nasty hacks.

Technical bits:
It seems that native colorspace for GMIC is FLOAT32 RGB(A) colorspace.

So my approach will be:
a) convert layer actual color-space to FLOAT32 RGB(A), relayout pixel
format (Krita uses bgrbgrbgrbgr, GMIC rrrrbbbbgggg)
b) apply GMIC,
c) relayout back to Krita bgr format, convert back to actual colorspace

More to come!

[1] http://www.davidrevoy.com/article147/gmic-new-filter-poster-edges

Regards,
Lukas Tvrdy | http://lukast.mediablog.sk/log