Solution for the grayscale selections

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:49:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>wrote:

> So what do you think of it?
>

> If we make a few assumptions that:
> -source and destination colorspace are the same colorspace, except that
> the destination doesn't have the alpha channel
> -source alpha is the last channel so RGBA

The question is, how are we going to tell paint ops to use a different
(RGBA) colorspace instead of a value returned by
KisPaintDevice::colorSpace() that will return RGB in this very case? That
is the point where Boud doesn't agree. I have already got a small draft of
a composite op you described and it works quite well. But we need some way
for the paint ops to prepare data with that alpha channel for it. That is
the problem.

--
Dmitry Kazakov