sponsored work for Dmitry

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 20 17:12:51 UTC 2012

On Thursday 20 September 2012 Sep, silvio grosso wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Dmitry wrote:
> > I believe that the first two points (grayscale masks and bugs) are the
> most important topics now.
>
> I totally agree :-)
>
> 1. The Grayscale mask feature has been suggested several times by many users-artists.
>
> 2. The great importance of fixing bugs does not need an explication :-)
>
> On the one hand, fixing bugs is a "boring-nasty" task.
> Usually, it is more fun to develop something completely new (besides you generally get much more visibility as a developer).
> On the other hand, it requires someone *really* skilled to do this fixing correctly.
> That is, someone who does not  break other parts of the software (while fixing the bugs) :-)
>
> I have been always delighted by the Blender team (but the same applies to other softwares: e.g. LibreOffice).
> On Mondays, the Blender team always releases a report and their first item is usually the bug-count.
> In this report they list the total amount of bugs (and the number of bugs fixed):
> http://www.blendernation.com/2012/09/16/developer-meeting-notes-september-16-2012/
> In  my view, they show a very *professional* attitude :-)

Yes, we really need to do that again. I've been doing that for quite some times, but then I fell behind. It makes a lot of difference for the perception of the project as a whole. And there's plenty of cool stuff to report about as well -- but I bet that even we don't realize that because we're missing the reports :-)