Website stuff

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 19 10:14:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

Currently, we only have the Krita community website. One thing I got asked a lot at IBC (where I visited the Foundry stand) was whether there would also be commercial support for Krita.

Which there is, of course :-). But to offer that support, KO GmbH needs to have a website telling people support is available, and how much it costs. Also, KO needs to support Krita Sketch, and I wouldn't mind if Windows users would upgrade to the desktop version of Krita from Krita Sketch and put down some money for that... Animtim has started on a design for a website like this.

Those things are sales activities (which should fund further Krita development), and I don't think that the Krita Foundation (which I'm working on, I'll visit the notary once my personal life quietens down a bit) can do that kind of sales. Though the foundation could sell books dvd's and receive donations. That would fit in the community website -- which we still need to move to KDE infrastructure and expand a bit.

I would like to link back and forth between the KO krita pages and the community website, but I would also like to coordinate the look of both websites and the news feed.