Stichting Krita Foundation

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 23 12:32:13 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've just returned from the notary for the first visit for founding the Krita Foundation (only because of Dutch laws, it's going to be officially called Stichting Krita Foundation, where Stichting == Foundation).

I've given them the Blender Foundation goals as a template:

    To establish services for active users and developers of Krita

    To maintain and improve Krita via a public accessible source code system under the GNU GPL license

    To establish funding or revenue mechanisms that serve the foundation's goals and cover the foundation's expenses

    To provide individual artists and small teams with a complete, free and open source digital art creation pipeline.

Initially, there will be one person on the board, the founder -- that's me. I want to add two more members to the board after the foundation, and I would prefer to have at least one artist there. The board's duties are to have one yearly meeting and check the finances.

I will get the draft statutes next week so I can tweak the goals and check for weird things.