Unit test failures

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:51:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 14 October 2012 Oct, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > we currently have quite a few unit test failures. I have started going
> > through them and already fixed some bugs. I think we reallly need to be
> > more carefully with the test. There were some cases were the unit test
> > broke and some serious problems slipped in unnoticed. We should try to
> get
> > it to zero or at least turn off some test, so that we don't miss new
> > problems.
> >

> Yes, definitely. We really got sloppy there -- all of us!
>
> > There are currently 15 Krita related unit tests are failing in Jenkins:
> >
> > krita-ui-FreehandStrokeTest (Likely due to a slightly changed algorithm
> > when using Vc, might need to update result images)
> > krita-image-KisFilterSelectionsBenchmark (Timeout, works locally, Any
> idea
> > how benchmarks are blacklisted?)
>
> No -- but if it's a real benchmark, it should be in the benchmarks dir,
> those don't get executed with make test.
>
> > krita-image-KisLowMemoryTests (also timeout)
> > krita-image-KisHistogramTest (crash after it can't create histogram
> > producer for YCBCR (no profiles available), disable YCBCR?)
>
> Should be fixed in the test: this is a perfectly okay condition.

Perfectly okay that ycbcr doesn't work? Krita shows an error message on
every start that the profile is missing, ycbcr is available in the new
image dialog but you can't create an image and the ycbcr-cat.tif test file
doesn't load.

> > krita-ui-KisZoomAndPanTest (fails on server, locally it seems to run in
> an
> > infinite loop)
>
> Runs here as well.

How long does that run? Seems to run forever here.

> > krita-image-KisConvolutionPainterTest
> > krita-image-KisProcessingsTest
> > krita-ui-kis_node_model_test (I fixed that, so it runs locally. No idea
> why
> > it still fails in Jenkins)
> > krita-ui-kis_shape_controller_test
> > krita-ui-KisSelectionManagerTest (fails as there is no selection node
> after
> > deselect. Did we change that behavior?)
>
> Dmitry?
>
> > krita-plugins-formats-tiff_test
> > krita-plugins-formats-png_test
> > krita-fileformat-kis_exr_test
>
> These are tricky, since they depend on the version of the tiff, png and
> exr libraries. I wonder whether this code is amenable to unittests after
> all?

Tiff test is a problem with ycbcr-cat.tif, that file doesn't even load in
regular Krita here.
EXR test is 16-bit float colorspace not available.

> > libs-widgets-KoResourceTagging_test (works locally, I think nepomuk might
> > not working on the Jenkins server)
>
> That one never worked for me!

Always worked here :)

> > libs-pigment-TestKoRgbU8ColorSpaceTester (F32 doesn't compute exactly the
> > expected values, might need fuzzy compare)
>
> Yeah, and the values probably changed when moving to lcms 2.4.

The values changed with the CompositeOpCopy to CompositeOpCopy2 change.