About vectorization and planar channels in Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Oct 1 19:28:28 UTC 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 Oct, JL VT wrote:
> One comment I have to do is that eventually Krita should support realistic
> color mixing. If the optimizations you make are specific to RGBA, then the
> few artists that work in CMYK, as well as the people who will do color
> balancing in CIELAB and painters using Kubelka-Munk color mixing will miss
> the optimizations

Well, actually... We lost our KM capabilities after 2.4. With Emanuele being AWOL, it turned out to be unmaintainable. And in the end, it seems that artists pick colors, not mix them, and then are happy to generate a palette from some base colors automatically. For me, the color mixer isn't high priority anymore.