Krita Sketch (0.9.31): unable to get a clean system after uninstalling old version

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 16 21:55:08 UTC 2012

Hi Boud,

Tonight, I have installed the new Krita Sketch version (0.9.31) on two different Windows Pc
One Pc runs Windows 7 home premium (64 bit). The other ond sports Windows Xp Professional.
Yesterday, On BOTH these PC, I had installed Krita Sketch (version 0.9.25).

With this new version (0.9.31) all bugs I have reported yesterday are still occurring,
For example, whenever I open two jpg images on the row Krita Sketch always crashes.

On the contrary, if I install the 0.9.31 version on a Windows machine (no matter what) where I have NEVER installed Krita Skech these same bugs  do not occur :-)

I suppose the 0.9.25 (or the 9.31) Sketch uninstaller is unable to delete everything related to Krita on these computers...

I have even tried to delete myself the old Krita Sketch dependencies (dll etc).

More precisely, to do this cleaning I have started by:
1. Deleting "everything" with the Krita Sketch uninstaller (I have tried to use both the 9.31 and the 0.9.25 uninstaller).
After doing so:
2. I have looked into: C:\users\updateusUser\AppData\roaming (I have found nothing here).
3. I have checked my Register (win+r: regedit) and I deleted everything related to Krita on: HKEY_CURRENT_USER_SOFTWARE
4. I have looked for every Krita folder and file (through WIN+F: KRITA) and I have deleted manually everything I ran across.
5. When I was done, I have always restarted my computer *before* installing again Krita Sketch.

Even after this manual process of deleting my Windows Pc are not "clean" in the end.
Whenever I install the 9.31 version I got all previous crash... :-)

Probably, there are many old Krita files which I am unable to locate and delete...

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso