R: New sketch installer

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 16 17:06:31 UTC 2012

Hi Boud,

I have just installed this new installer on a new Windows machine.
Believe it or not, the number of Windows Pc where I could install and try Krita Sketch is endless (naturally, given enough free time to do so...) :-)

Joking aside, this new machine is a desktop one:
FUJITSU SIEMENS
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL - SERVICE PACK 3 (5.1, build 2600)
INTEL(R) CORE(TM)2 QUAD CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs)
RAM 3582 MB
DIRECTX 9.0C (4.09.0000.0904)

Krita Sketch is installed on:
"C:\Program Files\KritaSketch\"

I have worked for more than one hour on this computer with Krita Sketch.

To sum up:

1. ZOOM IN-OUT: *VERY* fast (with my mouse wheel the zoom movement is great).
I have even tried to zoom in-out on a Tiff image of around 90 Mb :-)

2. MOVE UP-DOWN THE BRUSH PRESETS OR MOVE UP-DOWN THE COLOR PRESETS: it is super smooth.

Unfortunately, in my view, it is difficult to figure out the difference among the brush presets.
Most of them, look quite similar (yeah, I am not an artist...) :-(
Maybe, it might be useful to add, for instance, a caption under them (e.g. charcoal, watercolor, spray and so on).

3. OPEN MORE JPG IMAGES ON THE ROW: NO crash whatsoever (the previous Krita Sketch always crashed instead while opening more images).

4. SELECTIONS: it is a bit slow to apply them (sometimes this Pc "freezes" a bit when applying them).

5. I have tried to save my changes with all formats (ora, jpg, kra etc). Everything works fine.

6. I have noticed there is no visible slider for the flow brush option.
Perhaps, you are not supposed to change this value (as of now, it is 1.0)?

P.c: I have got only one crash which I was not able to reproduce later (sorry....) :-(

To recap, this new build works fine on this Windows machine :-)

Best regards,

Silvio Grosso