recording

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 18:20:55 UTC 2012

Hi!

Sorry, for a long answer. Just a couple of notes.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com>wrote:

> It will demand at least two classes for a single action, won't it?
>>
>> Or you suggest the generation of the dialog purely on the basis of
>> properties data? If so, how are you going to create and use customized
>> widgets like the one in Resize Canvas and in Filters dialog?
>>

> No, it's like we do with filters currently. There we also dialog that
> writes into a properties configuration. We already have the dialogs, they
> would just need some tweaking so they could also be used in the macro
> editor.

Well, yes, Cyrille told a good idea that the split of the UI and actions
might make a good job given that we plan to use different GUI frameworks.
Anyway, we need to define some kind on interface for such UI's. It can be
either a function or even a class. I agree for any. What, I think, is
really important is that the place where the UI is created should be a
factory class, not the caller's code.

> Should be easy to do. I wonder where we use arrays in the UI (appart from
> curves),

A stroke of a Pixel Brush is action as well and it contains an array of
KisPaintInformation objects.

--
Dmitry Kazakov