Krita portable.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:53:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 14:11, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> I noticed that out of the box, there's no git and so on, and that the cmake
> version is pretty outdated.

CentOS is a bit outdated compared to, say, Fedora. But not outlandishly so:
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=centos
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fedora
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=debian

Packages such as cmake are not shown on those pages, but most other
dev packages are comparable. Fedora ships with GCC 4.7 (the latest),
Debian with 4.6.3, and CentOS with 4.4.6.

> Would a standalone tgz package of Krita be enough? I think we can create
> that. Getting an rpm into one of the extra repos might be trickier, we need
> to find a volunteer/sponsorship for that.

Once there is a standalone tgz, then I can ask on the Fedora and
CentOS lists if anyone is interested in being that volunteer.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com