Krita for KDE 3.5 clone.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 14 18:09:02 UTC 2012

On Thursday 14 June 2012 Jun, john Culleton wrote:

> I read some of the back and forth on the Trinity site. One point
> of clarification: when the other person called KDE4 developers
> "braindead" I assume he was referring to the developers
> responsible for the KDE interface, akonadi, neopemuk etc. and not
> application developers such as the good folks who put together
> Krita. I agree with him that in general KDE4 is a disaster, slow, hard to
> use, and loaded with features that simply get in the way. That
> has nothing to do with the quality of Krita.

For me, KDE4 is a great desktop environment, even though I use it as if it were KDE3...

But I don't care: what I love about free software is that it is free. Everyone is free to fork, and that's a right I will fight for even when I think the fork is misdirected -- what I think isn't important.

The Trinity people chose to fork and did the work to make it happen. Great! That's what free software is for. Then they forked Krita, and hey -- when I asked them to do the polite thing and rename it, they did. Great!

So now you've got a choice between running a fork of Krita 1.6 on your trinity desktop, or use my CentOS 5.x package of Krita 2, and both will run, you can even install them at the same time :-).

For some reason, this makes me plenty happy :-).