Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:04:35 UTC 2012

Pretty much every app we use has some sort of Python based scripting. So I
would imagine that would make more sense.
However I don't think it's really the most important feature for a painting
app. Since actions seem to work well, it would make more sense to keep
developing those.

This 'can you script in it' question is pretty typical of TDs and
especially Riggers. In this case the question was asked by a Rigger, would
literally never use a painting app anyway, so I think he was more pulliung
the question out his bag of 'questions that make me look smart and
technical'.

I'm not sure that's it really worth paying too much attention to this one.

I reported it nonetheless in case something was already there like in older
versions of Krita. But to be honest, actual artists who will be using Krita
would probably much rather an easy action based system like what is
available now.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net>wrote:

> On Monday 04 Jun 2012, Simon Legrand wrote:
> > Q- Does Krita have a scripting language, command line interface or python
> > api?
> > A- I replied that I was not sure. I knew Krita had a scripting feature in
> > previous version but I cannot find it in 2.4. Actions are supported so
> that
> > can replace (partly) this function. I was not sure about any sort of
> python
> > api or anything like this. So I replied that I was going to ask you guys.
>
> I was wondering if you could specify what kind of scripting API is
> expected ?
>
> --
> Cyrille Berger Skott

Simon Legrand