Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 5 07:18:34 UTC 2012

On Monday 04 June 2012 Jun, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Interesting, never thought about it that way. I remember the Krita meeting
> where we discussed these things e.g. to using nodes instead of layers. The
> conclusion was that great artists would get it right the first time.

Well... Not quite, I'd say. The workflow you see with illustration and comic book artists is that they work highly iteratively, effectively putting on paint all the time, they don't tweak a stroke, but add a new stroke.

Then when the basic painting is ok, color filters and blur and so on are added non-destructively. Fortunately, we do support that already :-).